Hi! In a nutshell, here’s what you can expect from me: I’m kind, funny, gutsy, and I work at being my best flawed human self.
I’ve been a coach since 2008 – a calling that connects me to helping champion the brilliance I see in my clients. Whether it’s leadership, career, or business coaching, I’m skilled at drilling down to what matters to you and how best to present that to the world.
My bonafides: I started up an education-video game startup with my husband and served as its CEO for 8 years. One More Story Games continues with me as a consultant – I learned a lot as we developed a simplified games publishing platform aimed at helping writers, not coders, build story-based games. I raised money for our studio, helped land a #1 NYT bestselling author, and wrote/produced several award-winning games in Canada.
I’m also: a standup comedian, laughter yoga instructor, professor, and a pretty decent cook. My words of inspiration and no-nonsense have reached over 30,000 people around the globe in English and American Sign Language.
I love keeping busy doing ALL THE THINGS!
- Career and leadership coach for 600+ creatives in games, film, and publishing
- Host of Games, Grit, & Gratitude: Real Talk with Jean Leggett
- Mentor to game devs from underrepresented communities for Code Coven, Girls Make Games, NZCode, and more
- Formerly the lead writer on an adaptation of #1 NYT bestselling author Charlaine Harris’ Lily Bard series about a sexual trauma survivor dealing with PTSD while solving crimes
- Formerly a Professor of Narrative Design: Story, Quests and Missions at Sheridan College
Hire Jean & Be Inspired!
Whether you’re seeking out a game dev coach, educator, or an inspirational speaker, you’re in good hands.